Old 10-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Suz

I have been involved with Quilts of Valor for over five years. My goal is to make one a week and am pretty much on schedule for these years. I do not find their requirements to be difficult. A friend and I do fundraising at three local community festivals, fairs. We each take a quilt, a book showing other quilts we have made, our destination letters, thank yous, and of course, our money box. We talk about our experience in this organization and ask for help. Once they realize our dedication to this project, most give us a few dollars. They add up. We keep good financial records and ensure those who donate that the money will be used only for the QOVs. The money from these events covers our expenses for the year.

God is good! Once I get my QOV done for the week, I find I have plenty of time to do my own quilting. I should add that I have a very cooperative Marine husband who encourages me, takes over in the kitchen, closes basting pins, helps me pack, and is my male mailman.

From this thread, I am so glad to read that many of us are sharing our talents. There are so many needs from the babies to the seniors. I am proud of you all and thank you for giving of yourselves to others.