Old 10-06-2012, 06:16 AM
lswan

First of all, quilts are for people, not charity. The love that is sewn into a quilt is for the person in need. I quilt for cancer patients who are undergoing treatment to keep them warm and know that someone loves them. I don't do it out of compulsion, but am compelled by the love I have known and the gifts I have been given. I am always trying to find patterns that make the process quicker, so I can make more quality ones. If this is not for you, then maybe donate part of your stash to someone who is doing it out of love. I know that I am always scrambling for fabric and batting. Generous people here on the board sent me fabric for the cost of postage so I can continue. I look at quilting as a mission of love, I don't count how many I do, but esteem the people who receive the quilts and my prayers. Quilting is a matter of the heart. I am not a medical person, or any other gifts that I can help, but am compelled to give beauty and hope one quilt at a time. If you don't want to make quilts for "charity", that is ok. Remember that we are all given something we can share with someone who cannot give back and did not choose to be in that position. Thank you to all of you who give from the heart of compassion and sacrifice! You never know what it will mean to someone in the toughest spot.
Linda