Old 10-06-2012, 07:27 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
I'm making a quilt that will be auctioned or raffled off. This is a new experience for me. At first, I was honored for being asked, but as I keep working on it, it's looking less like a home-made quilt and more like a comforter/Chinese $25 quilt. And I don't like it. When I was asked, it was for a benefit for a baby who needed a heart transplant, and the poor little guy passed away, but they are continuing with the fund-raiser in his memory. I would much rather donate the quilt to his family in his memory, than have it raffled off in his memory. Oh well. I'm very sorry for the family and I hope this helps. I hope I didn't sound ugly about it!
I'm putting the binding on a quilt to be raffled next weekend at our church. I have one more in the works. This one, the last one and the next one will be machine quilted by a lady who does beautiful work.

BUT I AM DONE---------I've taken an unbelievable amount of abuse about the machine quilting. No one at our church is willing to hand quilt any longer. We've had handquilted quilts for years, but the quilters are all nearing 80 or in a couple cases, way past 80. And they are tired, some have medical issues on top of it all.

So, the carpenters wheel for 2013 will be the last I have any part of. Hey, some of the church members did this to themselves. I was told just days ago, that this one gal would find someone to hand quilt a project she has yet to start. AND SHE WILL NOT BE DOING ANY OF THE WORK she has RA and absolutely can not sew in any form.

I guess I shouldn't be a hard @$$ but enough is enough.