Thread: Color help
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:30 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by LLWinston44 View Post
One of my biggest problems is color. I don't know why. Ok so I'm making my son, who's in Afghanistan, his requested quilt. I am going to do this pattern http://www.connectingthreads.com/cfT...ations&isKit=1 minus the middle colors and corners. They'll be black and then I'm going to applique a shield http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content...me-shields.jpg (the one on the right just fyi) in the middle and the corners will have the yellow triangle thing. lol. Okay so I'm just not sure what to do for the rest of the quilt colors. This HAS to look like a 'guys' quilt, and I just think the bright colors look kind of 'girly'..... Someone suggested to do different variation of greys but that just seems to drab. I had thought to do the colors of the shield, but someone told me that would be to plain. I just don't know what to do. And I'm such a perfectionist...... I want to make a quilt he'll use and LOVE using, not one he'll just 'have'.... I made one for someone once that they just 'liked' and they never used it and I NEVER want to do that again, but it's made me way to OCD..... lol I went in the LQS and the lady there, whom I've never seen, was SO appalling, telling me I was just being too difficult and that there's no such thing as the perfect quilt... totally poo pooed my putting the shield in the entire center, but to only put a small one in the small center square portion. I'm NOT going to do that..... the shield is the ENTIRE purpose for the quilt! Made me sad. I'm already uncertain enough and all that did was to make it worse. lol Ugh!

Suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance! <3

Go drag a plaid shirt out of his (or your hubby's closet). Use the colors in one you like. I'd problaby go with a brick red, bright navy, forest green, maybe a couple of the grays, a purple that is dark and ..................