Old 10-06-2012, 09:35 AM
irishrose

Laurie, the hike looks wonderful. Go today if you have leaves. The winds and rains yesterday removed many of ours, but we are weeks ahead of you. I like a walking stick or exercise poles. Five years ago when I didn't have a dog, I cut down bamboo cross country ski poles to the exact height of commercial ski walking poles. It's unbelievable how much they toned my midsection and took the pressure off my knees. I got Lily and went to one, I got Moira and went to none. I did use them Tuesday on our hike, thank goodness. I am very good with colors, but I had a scrap with me yesterday. Neither the LQS owner or I noticed the cream selvage on one and a blue selvage on the other. It's been washed - it lost a lot of dye and it's Shadow Play. The heads of cauliflower at the farm market are huge - as big as three in the store. My daughter was driving and ready to check out, so I only bought the apples I went after. It's only 1 1/2 miles so it's no big deal to go back. on the Pepsi. In two more days, you'll only want it on very hot days. It's been 18 years (osteoporosis and pop/soda is a no go) and I still want a Coke when I'm tired and it's very hot out. Try sparkling water and fruit juice if it's the carbonation you miss.

sewNso, I generally eat the right foods, though I eat too much sugar, but not the right amounts. Your portions sound like snacks to me. I will try harder. I spent the first 38 years of my life trying to gain weight and I've never learned to eat smaller amounts.

Pam, thank you for the info on the cinnamon. I will print it as soon as I hookup my new printer. I can't repair this one. I've tried all week. The honey is already in my diet - honey and vinegar for muscle spasms, etc., I take a cinnamon capsule everyday, and I eat a lot of cinnamon, but I can easily mix the two and ingest it in some form, but not the recipes that say to boil it. My honey is raw and I don't want to kill the enzymes. I thought when I read your first sentence that your sister ate only cinnamon and honey like a fast. Whoops.

meanmom, Yes, you can get pleasure from the teacher's day from he!! as long as no one was hurt. Let's hope she sees you job in a different light and shows more appreciation after that kind of day. Obviously, you are a calming force in that room. Is this in a regular ed school or total special ed? I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud when I read your account of her day.

I'm not worried about the injection. It's been two months - if I were going to become ill, I'd have done it by now - maybe my honey and cinnamon killed the bacteria, lol. I felt sorry for the young doctor on TV last night. He said they are want to help alleviate patient's pain, not cause more. He was a little pale.

Crazy day. Sun, rain, sun, rain, etc. Have a great day. Take pleasure in whatever you do - be sure to do something for yourself.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. I am going to go pick some mint and makes one of my concoctions.

Last edited by irishrose; 10-06-2012 at 09:37 AM.