Old 10-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Patticake

I'm new to Quilts for Kids so I've only done a few. I only do what I can as I work full time and am a caregiver but I do enjoy doing it. I pray for the children who will receive the quilt and hope they enjoy it for a long time. I've made my own commitment to do one a month if possible but have not had ANY pressure for a required number from my local chapter. I did ask for a kit for the first one but got impatient and made about 5 quilt tops before it was received according to thier instructions on the website (www.quiltsforkids.org). It's perfect for me as they are not large quilts that take lots of time and I can use my stash to be helping children. I believe quilting for groups like this is a personal choice and NO ONE should feel ashamed or bad if they choose not to. We all go through seasons and sometimes, it just isn't the right time.

Thank you for all of you who give and all of you who don't. I think you are all WONDERFUL and I couldn't ask for a better group of quilters to be a part of!