View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Deborahlees

Default Passage Quilts....who does them

Who has made Passage Quilts in the past ?????
I first heard about them here on the board yesterday and since and done some searching on the internet....there seems to be a couple different 'forms' of this concept.

One was making quilts out of the deceased persons clothing and then presenting the quilt to the surviving family.

Another was that a quilt was used to cover the body for the trip to the mortuary, the cover the casket and then be presented to the family.

The last one was that the quilter worked with a local Hospice, the quilt was given while the patient was still alive and was allowed to use during their final days, then presented to the family......

I personally like the last one, and have contacted my local Hospice (didn't even know we had one until I 'googled') asking them if they have such a program.....

I know we had a thread on here not to long ago about a casket quilt.....I am thinking this would just take it so many more steps forward.....to give comfort to the living and then to those left behind.....

I am not thinking 'Large Quilts' but more like lap size, many even some prayer shawls would be nice.....

Am anxious to here your opinions, I know this is kinda a morbid subject, but I think a very worthy cause, and feel the comfort level would be great......