Old 10-06-2012, 11:30 AM
carriem

I too had thought about adding the "sign your blocks" to the Bonus Block "details". If someone doesn't want their blocks signed, please let us know. Either way is ok! Right now we have 10 people signed up. I was going to go to the shop that sells KT fabrics last night (during the Choc. Walk as she was on the list), but there was a sign on the door saying she had a prior commitment so was closed. I am sure she was in Des Moines at the big quilt show there this weekend. Guess I'll have to go next week...need some yardage for my bonus blocks.

Jan--I had to share your "FART" story with my family. They thought that was funny too...sorry for your embarrassment! I too would have been bright red!

The Choc Walk last night was fun. We didn't get to all the shops, but got lots of good treats...mini cupcakes at a couple places, little candy bars, breads...there was a chocolate bread pudding that was very yummy at one of the bakeries. I don't know that I have ever had bread pudding before. Popcorn, balloons, a dance, kazoos...

Some shops had sales...got the kids some t-shirts for $2 each and hoodies for $5 each...plus 2 free t-shirts for spending $20. There was a toy store (all educational "toys") that we will go back to. Found out they give a 10% discount for "educators" so since I homeschool can get that.

I went into a new antique store and also a shop that has "art/crafts" made by people in the area. Found out they have classes to teach different things, so got on the mailing list.

My dd's (almost 11) favorite part was going up to a dance studio (teach ballroom dancing). She was dancing around to the music a bit and one of the instructors asked her if she would like to learn how to do the "swing". She said yes and she learned a few steps. I wish I had had my camera...she was so happy.

Didn't get anything at the auction today. There was a great variety, but nothing I felt I just had to have/wanted to wait around for. The one thing I really wanted went for more than I wanted to spend. Do you remember the drawer made into a sewing box I got for my dd on my retreat a couple weeks ago? Well there were 2 drawers just sitting in a bucket with the exact same design/handles as the one I bought. I thought it would have been fun to make a couple more sewing boxes...oh well. I am sure I will find some again now that I have a use for them. I wonder how many I have passed up at garage sales and auctions over the years! My ds said he would help me make lids for them.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I am waiting for my heater to warm up the clubhouse and I am going to sew this afternoon...

carrie