Old 10-06-2012, 02:24 PM
bakermom

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
i've been entering quilts in the fair for years- it is fun, i enjoy going in & looking at other entries (even vote for one once in a while) it is all in fun- not a juried show- and should not be looked down upon by anyone- our area has a huge guild & very few members would consider such a thing- but i grew up with 4-H and the spirit of the fair. it is pretty normal for almost all entries to win a ribbon of some sort- nothing wrong with that either- just ignore the *uppity* minded who think they are so far above that- it is sad people have to be so negative about things like this- what does it matter if the farmer's wife was the one *judging* passing out the ribbons?
the fair is a fun time.
Same here-I grew up with 4H and so did my kids. Part of the fun of the fair is seeing your entries! I usually enter 5 or 6 things: a couple quilts, kids clothes and maybe a bag or two. sometimes i get ribbons, sometimes not. Still fun either way.
the judges are usually from another county and have expertise in that category. The names on the entries are hidden until after the judging. The board and committee members put in a lot of long hours to make a fair a success.