View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 03:17 PM
ZugZug

Default Floriani Total Control Software

Well today I went to the little Floriani presentation at a local shop. I was good and did not buy anything (and I knew it was a sales presentation before I went, so no surprises). However I was EXTREMELY tempted by their software.

My DH has dreams of me (or even him) being able to push a button (maybe two) and ta-da! I can embroidery any image he likes on anything he desires. Well we all know that requires digitizing and generally more than a single button. I have been considering Embrid due to the huge following and the price. But now I am being swayed... I was wondering if anyone out there has both. I was wondering which you would choose if you were to choose again. For reference, the Total Control Floriani software was about 4 times the cost of Embrid (and 100 spools of Floriani thread were included). I need to know how "hard" Embrid was to learn how to digitize on vs the Total Control software. The presentation of course made it look very simple on the Floriani software, but I could also see that the presentation was a very true rendering of how I would utilize it at home. Sadly I am ok with the price difference, IF, it helps ease the learning curve. I want to have time to actually stitch out my designs instead of spending hours learning how to digitize a simple balloon.