Old 10-06-2012, 03:53 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
I guess I'm dense, but what was the problem--that no one wanted to hand quilt anymore (and some thought that you should) or the fact that you machine quilted but some didn't like it? If no one wanted to hand quilt, then who would complain?

I personally appreciate both hand quilting and machine quilting, but honestly, I prefer machine. However, my dd actually prefers hand quilting! (she's 21)
"our mothers hand quilted the quilts we raffled"----------------followed by some "how dare you's" and "if you want machine quilting, buy your quilt at Wal-mart". Plus a lot more. And a couple weeks ago-------"this quilt (one someone MAY donate) will be hand quilted. I'll find someone to do it!" Our quilters are tired and want to be REtired. Even our retired head quilter sends stuff out from time to time. If these other folks would just shut up and not have their little rants in front of me or prospective buyers, I'd not care.

And I don't get any thanks-----------not that I really need it----------for piecing the quilts. (and buying fabric, and deciding designs, and cutting, and sewing, and finding batting, and finding backing, and getting the gambline permit, and printing the raffle tickets and selling the raffle tickets.........................) I get some help, but about 5 times as much mouth as help.