View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 04:51 PM
TanyaL

Originally Posted by MS/L.A. G.R.I.T.S. View Post
My youngest daughter was recently diagnosed with celiac. She told us her DR said it was genetic, so DH thinks he may have it. So, I'm on a quest for recipes and ingredients to try. I ordered "LOSE THE WHEAT, LOSE THE WEIGHT" by Dr. William Davis. My DH, after reading some in this book, told me to check out the blog by glutenfreegoddess. She has some good recipes and also details about different flour blends to make. http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/
I don't know the age of your daughter, but your nearest Children's Hospital will have a lot of literature that is factual, not fad based and not geared to anything buy medical, dietary information. If your child is not referred to them, your dietitian or even your doctor should be able to order a copy of their info for you. If you contact them, it might available to you without a referral. A lot of GF info has other dietary concerns mixed in with it such as diary free, meat free, etc which is not always what a doctor orders. A medical diet is not the same as a fad diet.