View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Glenn

Originally Posted by katballou View Post
Thank you both Joe and Miriam,

Joe, I didn't see you post anything about getting rid of the mold, guess I missed that part of your post. I should get a picture of the very top of this cabinet to post because the veneer is so bad I think I should take it off and replace it or maybe just not put anything over the solid wood. And when I found this thread I thought I would get Glenn's opinion because I see that he has been doing this to quite a few things and I bet he knows some tips and short cuts. But then all the help I get is great, I have not refinished many pieces of wood furniture, so Thank you Joe.

Miriam, I hope Glenn is catching a few trophy fish, my project can wait, I am in the middle of making things for my Halloween party which is just around the corner and the "White" can wait until even after the holidays if it needs to. I am in no big hurry I have waited and waited to get a Treadle Sewing Machine of my own I can wait to put her in the house.

I will have to get a close-up picture of the top just to show how bad it really is, this picture was only so I could do research on the internet.

Thanks again for the info
Kat
Kat if you use my cleaning solution one(in a tutorial cleaning and revining furniture finsh) it will klill and get rid of the mold and smell. It will do wonders for the cabinet which is not as bad as you think from the pic. After clelaning then you can evaluate the cabinet and see what is needed. I would like to see pic of the after cleaning then I can advise you better as what to do with the cabinet. I don't use Joe method of venegar because it will loosen the old hyde glue. But Joe is correct on the rest.

Skip