Old 10-06-2012, 06:01 PM
irishrose

This fresh homegrown cauliflower doesn't need any embellishing, but I'll save the recipe for later. I like the recipes on the site. Are you on a food combining diet? I have the books, but haven't used it as much as I should. As far the rib pain goes, I've had it before though not as severe and it didn't last too long. I put a narrow back brace on it so I could walk the dogs. It seemed to help, but it was still not fun. I look like I suddenly grew a cup size - must the brace pushing fat up.

I refuse to worry about the tainted injection, but seeing the word steroids in print has reminded me that every time I've had oral steroids, I have gained weight and it was around for a long time. The other injected one I had didn't do it so I thought I would be okay, but this was into the SI joints guided by a fluorescope and it was a larger amount, times two. First the pain killer, then the dye, then the steroids on each side. Luckily, my friend insisted on driving me. Otherwise the 50 miles home would have been interesting. So that explains the excess weight since the end of July. Good. Now I know I will get rid of it eventually. All this compliments of my insurance company. They won't okay a referral to the orthopedic surgeon for this surgery unless it comes through a pain clinic and this procedure is done. The injection alone was $700. No wonder insurance is so high.

I'm seriously considering looking for new homes for Lily and Moira, but they 7 and 5 year old former strays. They deserve better than I may be able to give them soon. I was going to look for a foster home for 2 months, but if I they could have a new home, it might be better. Problems? Lily is shy and Moira has allergies. Will someone else give them the care they need?

I am ahead of my schedule (self imposed) on the bazaar quilt, so tonight I can put the strips together and put on the mismatched brown 1st border.

I had a grilled cheese sandwich and cauliflower for dinner. I think I could do that every day for a while. Nope, I have a 9 pound head of cabbage to deal with, so I will making a lot of cabbage soup. Good thing I like it.

Eat clean, drink lots of water and exercise. If we do that, how can we not lose weight. Uh, I missed one for me - eat clean, but eat in moderation!!! You can overeat the good stuff, too.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.