Old 10-07-2012, 04:12 AM
Just Me...

I don't enter quilts into shows, because frankly I don't care what the quilt police have to say about my not quilting something the way they would or choosing the colors that they would envision. I would much prefer entering quilts into a fair as the judging is more on the pleasure someone gets from viewing my work. I had a lady come into my shop once and ask about a wallhanging. I told her it was a free online pattern. (It was on the RJR site to showcase all 160 fabrics in the Jinny Beyer line.) She looked right at me and said, "Well, I guess you got what you paid for!" My feelings were hurt, and even though I had gotten many compliments on the wallhanging--I took it down for a while. Any and all of my quilts hanging in the shop are/were subject to many self-appointed members of the quilt police. So, the joke at the shop became--if the quilt wasn't exactly perfect--hang it HIGH! Sometimes we don't realize how hurtful off the collar comments can be. I'm sorry you had someone rain on your parade! Congrats on the ribbons!