View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:43 AM
romanojg

Great job. I sure wish that thrift store was by me. I'd be rushing there. I like your rug in process as well. Today I'm at work but I spent the past three days working on things for my DGS's first Halloween party; he's 6. So far are done on my Ruby embroidery machine. I got gifts for him to give out done, (mostly done, just a few touch ups). They are Tic Tac Toe games made from felt with a spider in the middle and all of the Xs and O pieces are little spider webs with either the x or the o on them. It folds up with a handle and you use groments and put holes in the game pieces and they go on a keyring and attach to handle so hopefully they won't get lost. I also made him some sucker (loli pops) covers in the shape of a ghost, a jackolantern and candy corn. Then last night I made him a banner that has 3 ghost held together by ribbon and they spell out Boo. Now I'm going to start his signature wall hanging. I tought it would be great to have all the kids sign his quilt for memories in the future. He's one of my biggest supporter and can't wait until I let him sew. He loves the idea so much that when I got a treadle machine he couldn't believe something could run without plugging it in. I told him that I would never sell it and it was his, that along with my antique bedroom set that he's loved since I started collecting all the marble top pieces. Thursday night my daughter and family stayed the night so that I could cut her tule for her and guide her while she makes her first Halloween costume for her 20 month old daughter. It is a Bell tutu. It's turning out very cute. This week we start on modifiying a thrift store suit for my DGS so he can be the Beast to match his sisters. Next we are modifiing and another thrift store find to make the wedding dress in Beetle Juice. We are doing that one so that she can still use the cute dress once Halloween is done. I did get a little cooking, a little cleaning done as well. I've had a very bust 3 days off and now back at work to relax and get a break so that I can start it over next week. The following week it'll be back to Christmas presents. Mostly on my embroidery machine.