View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:11 AM
romanojg

What you need to do is find out when they are offering class in your are because it'll be so much cheaper and the classes are cheap. I just went to one even though I have and love my Viking 5D Pro and it only cost 30 for the class and I got 599. in free things. I learned so much and love thier thread and other goodies. I did like what I saw on the software. Some great features is that you don't need a dongle like with Viking and you don't pay for upgrades when a newer version comes out. Those are great features plus a lot of the digitizing features. I'm still paying for 5D Pro and since I've just started taking software classes I can't say that Floriani does anything that mine won't but the cheaper price along with the other things I mentioned if I'd known about it first I might have considered that. I'm just starting digitizing and some things I can figure out on my own I like having the free classes teaching me how to use the software to the fullest advantage that I can. I did get Floriani's one software that is only a viewer to put all your designs in and they all show up so you don't need to know what folder you put them in. I stil have all of mine in folders with the companies name attached that I got it from so that in case I need to re-download them I know where I got them from. Thier designs are expensive but they stitch out really nice. When I take them into 5D Pro and check the density there are never any unneeded threads. I got a lot free at the show and then did buy a couple because by doing that I got 5 more CDs free and I really liked the free designs and they aren't for sale. Check to see if the local shop gives lessons to help you learn the program. I'm not sure what thier documentation is like but software seems really good. You can load it onto two pc's at a time but to do the second you email them and they'll send something back to allow this. This is another good thing. I don't use Embrid but am impressed by Floriani.