View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:11 AM
amh

I agree it is a hassel to drag out the vac to put the attachments and vacuum out the area and, although I have an inborn need to keep that area very clean, I only vacuum when I know it needs it. However, every time I change the bobbin I put a drop of oil on a Q-tip and clean the area. It is always amazing how much gunk comes out on that Q-tip. I also use the Magic Genie, and think it also helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdo_q0M2rsw

It may be important to note that I do not have a computerized sewing machine, so I have do issues with a bit of oil, but I think you have to be more careful with them. I had one machine that took one tiny drop of oil in that bobbin area (into the little bump with the hole in it) every time the bobbin was filled. I tore my hair out until I discovered that little quirk of the machine. I recently gave that old machine it to a friend of my mine, and received a call a little while later saying "what was it you said I should do when it starts to skip." One drop of oil did the trick.

I have not heard of a portable mini vac for machines, so continue on with my little regime.

amh
Saskatoon SK Canada