View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 07:12 AM
crtwelvecats

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
What a great idea...what's cooking in the crockpot?
It is one of a quilters best friends in the kitchen. there are all sorts of recipies online for a crockpot. It is just a slow cooker. for example I love to do a roast in mine. I just put the roast in with about 1/4 cup water and let it cook for about 8 hours. Them first nite I just have to make a microwave potatoe and a verggie or salad which I start about 30 min before DH walks in the door.(shhhhh! by the way. he doesn't need to know. he thinks I put in a couple of hours in the kitchen,hahahaha) the next nite I may add a little seasoning to some of the left overs and use it for mex night for burritos or tacos with maybe a salad or corn on the cob. the rest usually go into something like a stew or soup or mayne even a chilli. you can of course make smaller pieces of meats. I hear some people even make deserts in them but i haven't tryed that. but while it makes it fast to get in and out of the kitchen and it slowly cooks for 8 hours and doesn't need to be watched so that is 8 hours i get to sew or whatever. alot of my freinds put in a can of cream of mushroom soup and a dry package of onion soup mix and that will make the meat and its own gravy. then they serve it over mashed potatoes. it can be any kind of meat. i love making ribs in it the meat just falls off of the bone and take it out of its grease and warm some bbq sause to dredge it in before putting on the platter. that won't make it more than one meal cause it is all gone. lol. The worse part is the animals go crazy smelling the meat cooking all day.Of course my favorite part is it that once served up you can make it look like you put a lot of work in DHs meal while being able to do quilting or whatever instead of sweating it out in the kitchen. Yeah!!

Last edited by crtwelvecats; 10-07-2012 at 07:21 AM.