Old 10-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Sierra

I don't know if I want to enter anything I make into a "fair" because my technique simply isn't good. But I make some really fun and interesting quilts and when I entered a couple in a quilt show a few years back they took "viewers choice" awards (everyone was given a piece of paper when they paid to go in and got to mark favorites). Mine won in best original art quilt (1st and 2nd place) and first in over all viewers favorite. I'm telling you this because there was apparently no other prizes beyond the viewers' choice. So, if your technique won't get past the quilt police, look for this kind of show. I suspect they seperated it from the county fair because they hold it at the fair grounds and it takes up 3 huge barms!

My problem now (we moved) is that when I go on line to find an upcoming fair (like 2 or 3 months away) I have not been able to find the form or info that tells HOW to enter. I tried with one show and, after it was over, someone gave me an address to apply, and it was NOT the address of the group or the show name! aaaaagh, it's hard getting old and not understanding these new ways of communicating.

Anyone who thinks entering shows or fairs is low class should loosen up and LIVE LOVE LAUGH!