View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Helen S

Default Janome MC6600p Monogramming

I was making a quilt label last night on my Janome MC6600p. I'm disappointed. The machine refuses to make a proper letter "g". It seems to be totally missing the lower part of the letter and the "g" looks more like an "e". I also found what appear to be periods after the lower case letter "t" and before the lower case letter "s", and that the letter "o" does not close at the bottom.

I re-entered all the letters three different times and still had the same issues. I tried it using both full height and reduced height letters and had the same issues. I ended up using a threaded needle and doing the letter "g" tails and closing the letter "o" by hand just to get it done. Nothing to be done about the "periods", other than trying to remove them.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it inherent to this machine's monogramming abilities? I've only had the machine about a month, and will most likely take it into the dealer soon to have it checked out, since I bought the extended maintenance warranty, etc, but it's frustrating and I hate to be without the machine this time of year with so many gifts to finish up .