Old 10-07-2012, 07:57 AM
roserips

I would encourage every one to enter there quilts in a local fair, it is a wonderful way to learn more and get positive feedback on what you can learn to do better. I was a 4-H member and then when I had my own family I entered things in the fair. All entries are judged on the Danish judging system that is why all entries get ribbons that you see. As a quilt judge I have refused to judge a couple of quilts since they smelled like old ash trays and I couldn't get near them. I have enjoyed judging and observing the growth in the local quilters that enter the fair I judge at. I still enter quilts in my local fair (not the one I judge at) and enjoy reading the comments the judges give. That is where you can learn and improve your quilting. Those women who made rude comments to you probably are jealous since you most likely got better ribbons than they ever did. Kudos for you and keep up the good work! By the way Judges are trained and have to show a superior knowledge of the subject that is being judged.