Thread: Low Carb Help
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Needles

Buttons922, hope all goes well for you and this procedure works. A cookbook you might look into is the lo carb book written by Suzanne Sommers. I remember watching her whip an egg with a bit of water, pour it into a small skillet and make a crepe of it. Since breads, biscuits, etc. have some of the most carbs, she used these as a wrap, to make a sandwich. She also made a stack of them then sliced them and used them as 'noodles' for pasta dishes. Eggs have no carbs, neither does butter, cheese, whipping cream, beef, chicken, pork, fish as long as they are just that, like in the butcher shop. You can also use olive oil, olives, no carbs in olives, skip the pimento. You can scramble eggs in butter and slice ham, olives and no carbs. Peas, corn and carrots are full of carbs so try to stick to cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce and green beans. Oil and vinegar makes a good dressing for a salad. Don't pour it over the salad, dip an edge of the fork full of the salad in a side of dressing. Just remember, everything else has carbs, some LOTS of carbs and basically anything that is sweet is out but no sugar gelatin is very low. Adkins cook books are very good too and you can find small books that list food and their carb and calorie count. Remember even fresh friut can been heavy with carbs. I love cauliflower cooked, mashed with butter and whipping cream, it's so good and you almost can't tell them from real mashed potatoes but then I like cauliflower any way. Good luck.