Thread: Low Carb Help
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:07 PM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Needles View Post
Buttons922, hope all goes well for you and this procedure works. A cookbook you might look into is the lo carb book written by Suzanne Sommers. I remember watching her whip an egg with a bit of water, pour it into a small skillet and make a crepe of it. Since breads, biscuits, etc. have some of the most carbs, she used these as a wrap, to make a sandwich. She also made a stack of them then sliced them and used them as 'noodles' for pasta dishes. Eggs have no carbs, neither does butter, cheese, whipping cream, beef, chicken, pork, fish as long as they are just that, like in the butcher shop. You can also use olive oil, olives, no carbs in olives, skip the pimento. You can scramble eggs in butter and slice ham, olives and no carbs. Peas, corn and carrots are full of carbs so try to stick to cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce and green beans. Oil and vinegar makes a good dressing for a salad. Don't pour it over the salad, dip an edge of the fork full of the salad in a side of dressing. Just remember, everything else has carbs, some LOTS of carbs and basically anything that is sweet is out but no sugar gelatin is very low. Adkins cook books are very good too and you can find small books that list food and their carb and calorie count. Remember even fresh friut can been heavy with carbs. I love cauliflower cooked, mashed with butter and whipping cream, it's so good and you almost can't tell them from real mashed potatoes but then I like cauliflower any way. Good luck.
I too wish you the best of luck; it's been over 20yrs for me and you learn alot about foods. While carbs are an issue so is the fat content and lots of these things are high in fat which will send you to the bathroom constantly and it's not nice. The diet is low carbs and low fat and high protien which is why I like the South beach diet because that's what it does; Atkins says high protein, low carbs and not to worry about the fat. There was a lady here at the hospital that brought in a couple pounds of fried bacon one night and I asked her if she thought it was good for the diet she said as long as it's high protein and not carbs. It doesn't take alot for any sane person to know while bacon is awesome tasting it sure isn't good at that rate. It's no wonder she still over 300lbs after all these yrs.There are so many ways to fix veggies and even eggs that are great. Paula Dean beat up an omlet and put it into a sandwich bag; squeezed out the air and put it in boiling water about 10 min. I tried it and it works great; it is really fluffy and no fat and it just slides out of the bag so no clean up. It's good you'll have support; I think that's one of the best things that has come about in all of these yrs is the support teams. I hope this takes care of your problem and can live a healthy pain free life.