Old 10-07-2012, 05:55 PM
irishrose

The right home??? Six years ago I had emergency surgery on my right foot - the bunion joint exploded - only I could have that happen, and I felt I needed to rehome the Texas Heeler (AU Cattledog/AU Shepherd) as she was the dog from he11 and I wasn't quite through civilizing her. The rescue wouldn't answer my calls or emails so I put an add in the paper. I screened people better than an adoption agency (43 calls). I also was yelled at. A woman thought because I had posted an ad, I had no right to withhold the dog from her. The rescue called - they could take her back on Sunday and my surgery wasn't until Monday, so okay. Ha, I called the surgeon and asked him to put a very protective cast on my foot - no flimsy boot, and Sasha and I got along just fine. I have been watching the dogs and I think I could handle one, but will be Lily be brokenhearted if I take Moira away?? City dogs have to be walked and I don't want to wait until they are too old to rehome if I can't do it. Decisions, decisions.

I went to my oldest daughter's house today for her b'day. Her son in laws cooked and her youngest daughter cleaned up. K did make her own dessert. I took L & M for the first time. At first they hung back because I wasn't out with them, but then they figured out they could run all over. I have two tired furgirls tonight. 40 acres to run on is dog heaven. Moira rolled in something - I think duck doodoo - so she's had a spot bath. Strip steak, barbequed pork, and chicken tenders on the grill. Some fancy grilled potatoes by the youngest GSIL and salad made by a GGS. Not fancy, but very good. THe oldest GSIL is a good grill cook.

My rib is better. 2 good hours this morning, then moderate pain with severe moments for a few hours , then back to just light, so I don't think this time it will last long. My friend did say he'd take me to Traverse this week if I can't drive that far. I think he just likes to drive my car.

Laurie, I agree the cauliflower with cheese sauce sounds good. I like 2% milkfat CoJack or Cheddar. I even use sharp for cooking - more cheese flavor with less cheese. No walk today. It's okay to take one day a week off, though I rarely get to because my walking partners don't need a day off, but they're covered today. It must be because fall and root vegetables are all over, but I just want cooked veggies - beans, cabbage soup, cauli/cheese, etc. A few weeks vegetarian wouldn't hurt.

meanmom, I'll see what the food combining book says about high cholesterol It makes a strong case for only eating meat with veggies, bread with veggies but not bread with meat. Fruit must be alone. Doesn't fit the American way of eating, but both the Diamonds and the new book are pretty emphatic about it. That is, of course, very simplified and may be incorrect as I haven't read the book in a long time. Basis: different foods take different enzymes and different digestion times and you're screwing up you entire system if you don't combine foods correctly.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.

Last edited by irishrose; 10-07-2012 at 05:58 PM.