Old 10-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Sewnoma

We have 2 local fairs near my house; a county fair and a harvest fair. The county fair has a LOT more quilts and they display them hung from rafters (kind of far away but at least you can see the whole quilt); the harvest fair (which I just went to today!) only had about 4 quilts and they were displayed all folded up! Boo! They did have some smaller wall-hanging size quilts hung, though.

I'm sort of new to quilting but I'm determined to put something into both fairs next year. I don't care who judges, I don't care if I win...the point is for me to have a goal and to put myself out there and let people besides my friends and immediate family see what I'm doing. It's about me "doing" rather than me "winning". If I win a ribbon I'll be thrilled but I'm certainly not counting on anything other than entering.

BUT, I'll get to go to the fair for free if I enter something. So I'll "win" at least $10 both times! LOL

Congrats on putting yourself out there and winning a ribbon! I think it's awesome and it's good for the community to show that there are local artists under every rock and behind every corner.