Old 10-07-2012, 10:03 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
At this point I continue to do not so much for the thrill of winning, but more entries in ALL judging events is dwendling every year. Less people entering canning, cooking, crafts, photography etc..... Even less livestock!
So if people don't enter their crafts, we will lose a great part of local small town fairs.

So Please continue to create quilts and enter! There is nothing that says "who" should of shouldn't enter!
Congrats on your win! Be proud and loud about it! I know I brag on my wins! lol
I agree completely. Support your local fair! I think it is neat.

And, my first impression of some really NEAT quilting (before I saw those quilts, I thought it was stupid to cut up fabric and sew it back together again) was at the Alaska state fair in Palmer years and years ago. I was so impressed by the quilts hanging up there. I couldn't imagine doing something like that even though I could sew just fine.

So, before you listen to those who say "boycott the fair" think of what would happen "if everyone did". No one would have any quilts in the fair and pretty soon our younger sewers might not even see one if they don't have family who makes them. (I don't--though I have a lot of seamstresses in the family.)