View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:10 AM
AlienQuilter

I actually like my Teflon pressing sheet. Paid about $15 for it at a local quilt store. I use it when ever I use fusible for applique.

My DH bought me a rotary cutter that cuts circles. It's really cool and caught his attention at a quilt show and he just had to buy it for me. That was several years ago and I still have not found a project for this. I might next time I make a Dresden Plate and use it for that circle in the center - the problem is I like using fusible for that and I draw a circle on the fusible then sew it to the fabric. Oh well.

I don like that plastic stuff you put on rulers to keep them from sliding. I did borrow a ruler one time at a class and it was a non slip ruler - really liked it so if you want to buy rulers and you have a choice between slippery and nonslippery then choose the nonslip even if it's a few dollars more.

Make sure you take your camera - I forgot mine the last time. A quilt show has a lot of inspiring quilts and it's neat to take a picture of a quilt that has something you want to try.

Most important - have fun. Wear comfortable shoes and carry a big tote bag with you.