Thread: It Never Fails
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 AM
Ps 150

Originally Posted by Ps 150 View Post
It never fails. Each time I make a quilt for someone else, I bleed. Somehow, I bleed. Today, I was trying to grasp my bobbin thread after I had brought it to the top. Suddenly, my needle went down, back up, down again and then back up again, through my finger, nail and all! I had to slide my finger off of the needle. Worst part is, my foot wasn't on or near the foot pedal. My LQS says this happens sometimes when there's lint in the base of the machine.

So, now, I'm slightly nauseous, dizzy and lightheaded. Thankfully, DH was home from work today and came to the rescue with the first aid kit. My finger's pretty numb at the moment and bandaged to the hilt, so I'm just reclining and recuperating. And thankfully, there's no blood on the quilt.
Well, I finally got a hold of my doctor's nurse after playing phone tag on Friday. I'm going in tomorrow for a booster shot and the nurse is going to check the injury site. It looks a little black under the nail and they want to make sure it's cleaned out as well as can be.