View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:43 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kittywolf13 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. There are lots of singer 66's in my Craigslist. One is asking 150 and is treadle (with her cabinet) and looks to be in good order. A few more "antique singers" with no knowledge of what model but look to be 66's as well? Some are motorized some not. I really need time to sit down and read.

Which machines also do multiple stitches? Or rather ZZ and others? I believe it was here someone posted a video of a lovely green machine that had been converted to treadle and it was doing lovely stitches.
There are lots of old machines that will zz but most of them will not go on a treadle. Yes that 319 will treadle and zz - you might browse through the vintage photo shop - it's in the sticky and see what people have posted. The older zz machines used disks. I would use almost any older all metal zz sewing machine. Older Elna, Bernina, Pfaff made some nice machines. You do need to beware of the machines with plastic gears. I have a Bernina with plastic gears. Not my thing. I have some awesome older Kenmore machines - if you can find one with double disks - those are pretty darn cool. Some of the Kenmore cabinets had lifts - nice if you want to take a load off your back. I wish you lived close - you could stop in and see a ton of cool old machines.