View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:20 AM
callen

Originally Posted by Deborahlees View Post
OK.........am going to throw this out there.......I use nothing but a can of compressed air. everytime I change
my bobbin, I give it a blast......been doing it for Years and years now......on both my computerized machine and my older Bernina.......
I used to use compressed air all the time, especially for my serger but when I bought my Babylock the dealer was emphatic about NOT using compressed air. All it does sometimes, is blow all the "guck" into the bottom inside of the machine & this came from the repair tech. When I bought my Bernina 820 the owner told me the same thing & lo & behold, one day I was looking on the internet & they showed what can happen when you use compressed air in your sewing machines or sergers, so I do NOT use compressed air anymore, except on the top area in & around my machine. You have been very lucky to not have problems with your machine. If you Youtube the question concerning compressed air & sewing machines this same video may come up & you can see for yourself.