Old 10-08-2012, 05:27 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
What I got from that comment was to leave the quilting group, not the church itself. If they are going to insist that the quilts be hand quilted, I'd either find another cause, or quietly machine quilt my quilts and hand them directly to the pastor or whomever gives them out. But that's just me, I can be a rabble-rouser sometimes. Lol.
There is NO quilting group. It's ME! I guess I wasn't clear. I don't machine quilt, the quilts have been sent out and this last one will too. I get tons of verbal abuse from members of the church about how the quilts ought to be done. Attacks on ME because no one in our church wants to hand quilt nowadays. Believe me, the old quilting crew has done beautiful work in the past-----------but they're getting up in years and want some time for themselves-------------and a couple ill husbands.

And I guess I wasn't clear about most of my quilting has been for other people. Always within our community. I don't need to find other causes------------I've got more than enough other causes.