Thread: Phaff #6
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 PM
blueheavenfla

Cabbagepatch Kid: What was your previous post about sick, sick, sick and then you sicko (lol, cause I'm one too) turn around and tell us about getting another machine...isn't being a machinaholic great? I got another one today too with 4 others (I think) in line in the garage waiting for my work table.

Nicest part is that DH gives machines a quick once over and says, yep, we can fix that. He does motors/wiring and cabinet disassembly and I do the rest. It is so much fun and keeps us old folk (I speak only for DH and me when I use that term) off the streets and out of trouble except when we go to thrift shops or look at CL. LOL

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
A few months back I was dropping off some bags of clothes at my local thrift shop and as I bent down, to put the bag on the floor, I came "nose to nose" with a blue and white rectangular sewing machine case! I asked the lady if I could peek in to see if there was a blue sewing machine in there and when I looked there was an adorable little blue Capri, Japanese clone model 15. Aren't thrift shops wonderful??!!

I asked if it was for sale but she told me that it wasn't checked over yet and so it wasn't ready for sale. Well, I couldn't stop thinking about that machine and finally I went back a few days later to see if it was ready for sale.....long story short....it's now one of my favorite machines.

Last edited by blueheavenfla; 10-08-2012 at 08:01 PM.