Old 10-09-2012, 02:35 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bezzer View Post
Closer look and that wasn't it. Dang I am stumped. Why does it turn so hard? Not sure what to do to isolate the tightness.
You want to be very careful. If anything gives when those machines are tight, it will be the plastic gear. You will need to be sure to use Triflow oil and put a drop on anything that remotely moves. Give it a few minutes then turn the machine upside down or side ways or the other side - in other words, reposition the machine a couple times - You will need to oil way up in the inside of the machine - anything that remotely moves will need a couple drops of oil. Be patient - I've had one that took a month of setting to get the oil to penetrate into some little stuck up joint. Very gently try to turn it after it has set awhile. I say gently because of the gear. If you want to tackle changing the gear someone wrote some instructions and posted one QB somewhere how to do it. It isn't all that hard looks like. It is the dried up oil in some remote part that you can't see is your problem - not the stuff you can see.