View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:22 AM
davis2se

While price is certainly an object for me, as for so many others, I have never felt that a direction to buy "quilt shop quality" fabric is uppity or snotty. I think that most of the folks who take the time and energy to develop patterns and them put them out on their blogs for the rest of us to use, usually for free, use the best quality fabric they can to help insure the best final product. And, they give the instruction to use the best quality fabric possible so that we - their customers so to speak - will also have the probability of the best outcome for OUR product. I have personally experienced the difference in the same project when made with a high quality fabric and a lower quality fabric, and that difference is surely noticable. So, while I have certainly done projects with fabrics from wal-mart, Hobby Lobby and the other chain fabric stores - and will continue to do so - I will go with the highest quality fabric available that I can afford. And, if I am using someone else's pattern and they recommend quilt shop quality fabric, I will take that recommendation under very careful consideration, and do what I can to get the high quality in fabric usually found in quilt shops.