View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:04 AM
promenades

Hmm, I am a longarmer and quilter. I love the Accuquilt Go and Altos Quiltcut 2. I use them both lots. I love the Accuquilt Go for the dies that are hard to cut such as Rob Peter Pay Paul (the same die makes many other quilts), the Rag die ( I would never make a rag quilt with out one) apple core die and many others. Alto's Quilt Cut 2 is ideal if you are doing lots of angles. I could go on for ever on the quilt patterns with angles. I have Lupus, RA, AS etc. These two cutting systems help tremendously. I use pounce and chalk markers and love them. I read the books I buy. So if you really are not going to sit down and read them, don't buy them. I have three different software that I use. Hint, I use them. So if you are not computer savvy, do not buy software that you will not understand how to use and you do not have a use for it. There are lots of patterns out there. I stick with some basic templates and when I need a specialty template, I go the our local Glass/Window store and have them make them for me. They cost about $4. So when going to a Quilt Show, decide what you have a real interest in and then check it out there. Some people may have a great use for an item and others are challenged by it or just really have no need for it. Just go and have fun and take advantage of the opportunity to learn something new.