Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 AM
FroggyinTexas

I was intrigued by this information and immediately called ever paint and wallpaper store in my area only to discover that the owner of the largest store had not seen wallpaper shears for more than 20 years and the other store has not carried for them for several years. These scissors would be great for scrapbooking and I really would like to try a pair. I found some online (local merchants complain because we buy online, which we wouldn't so much if they carried what we want to buy), but need to know if there is a brand name so I'll know more what I'm buying. If anyone has a brand s/he is satisfied with, please p.m. me. froggyintexas

Originally Posted by abdconsultant View Post
I'm left handed & I have every kind of scissors known to man, almost. For cutting yardage these are my all time favorite.
Wallpaper scissors, they cut fabric and paper. You get them at the paint supply stores for around $8.00 to $10.00.

These same scissors have served me well for 7 years! Never needs sharpening!!!

Don't even try to sharpen, the scissors marked for paper only is my attempt to sharpen a dent out of the cutting blade WHERE SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME...tried to cut wire, I'm guessing. They won't cut fabric now, but will cut paper perfectly.

Since there are just two of us living in this house, I'm watching him