View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:00 AM
kateyb

Books may be something that isn't a good buy if you don't use them. I have bought most of my books on amazon so the expense isn't so bad. I have also bought books at the guild silent auctions. I usually get them for $4 or less. There have been a few times I have bought a book from one of the guild speakers after I have listened to their lecture then I have a better idea if it is a technique or design I am likely to need/use. Our guild has a book library. I will check out a book I am thinking of buying and see if it is something I really want. There have been times that I have decided not to spend the money on one for myself. My kids know about my wish list on amazon and last year for Christmas my youngest daughter bought 11 of them off amazon for a gift for me. Many of the books I like are out of print so the used ones on amazon are wonderful. I especially like the books on designing/techniques.
I have 3 shelves of books. I have read them all and am always thumbing through them for ideas. I may never make some of them but I get ideas for colors or use part of a design to go in one of my quilts.
My daughter got me the book, "Block Bender Quilts" by Margaret Miller. It is a technique that really intrigues me but I haven't quite figured it out yet. I need time to do it step by step and not just read how to do it.