View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Pollytink

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
Hi Pollytink. I think you would be the perfect person to answer the above question. Every video that I've watched on Youtube has a different pronunciation . I don't have a Necchi, yet, but I have been a member of the Yahoo group for awhile (Chickendust1953). A friend of mine has a Necchi Alto in a cabinet (sp?) that she wants to sell me but I'm not sure what a good price would be to offer her. From what I've read about them I get the feeling that they are not the most popular of the vintage Necchi's.
You're saying it right.....NECK-ee! The Necchi Alto's were the machines Mr. Jolson starting making after he left Necchi. I don't have any experience with them....maybe someone here has one. Many of the earlier Japanese machines, if all metal inside, are good sturdy machines. I'm prejudiced, of course, toward the vintage Italians and don't feel the post-Italians come up to the same standards. But, that said, I've heard good things about the N-A's. And as we say on the N list, a machine is worth what the buyer is willing to pay!! We suggest you check around the various selling sites, e.g. ebay, craigslist, etc. and see what they're selling for. And it's condition has a lot to do with it too. Be sure to try sewing on it too. Good luck and keep your eyes peeled for a vintage Italian....you'll love them....just don't buy a Lydia, LOL!