Thread: Our user names
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Edie

I am so far from being original like most of you are - I was baptized Edith - don't like that name. I was named after my favorite of all favorite aunts. She got me interested in the piano and then I followed by taking organ lessons. She taught me how to embroider. Her nickname was Ede. There is only one person in this world that can call me Ede and that is my husband. My aunt and uncle used to live where we live now. It has been owned by only two families - My aunt Ede and Uncle Bob since 1923 and when they moved into other housing (that being Heaven) we bought this house. So for the past 40 years we have lived here and the only two matriarchs in this home have been Edes! When we first moved in the next door neighbor referred to my aunt as Big Ede and I was Little Ede. That happened once - only once! I have been known by my nickname all of my life - 74 - and I love that name - Edie. So thanks to Ede, I am Edie. If it had not been for my Uncle Bob saying that I should be named after my aunt, I would have been Alice. I am not an Alice.

These are fun to read. Edie

Last edited by Edie; 10-09-2012 at 12:29 PM.