Thread: Phaff #6
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 05:01 PM
blueheavenfla

That's funny 'cause a Red Eye was what I wanted to begin with but still don't have one. Then, I decided that I wanted a Featherweight and still don't have one of those yet either. I'm fixing up a Domestic from 1876 for my history buff granddaughter and am almost done. The wood is/was so fragile in some places that I was a bit anxious. It was loaded with dirt and had been in a warehouse for who knows how long. I keep watching for that FW for myself. It is so nice to know that there are others out there as much of a 'machine-aholic' as I am. I do love my VS-2, 128 and 99HC like they were my own kids. I've got others but those are "special".

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
Yes, I admit it ....I am a 'machine-aholic'! I was bitten by the bug almost 3 yrs ago when I saw a picture of a Singer 66 Red-eye. I bought my first one and then whenever I saw another machine that I loved I put it on a wish list. The only problem is that I've already gotten all the machines that were on my first wish list but I still see more that I would love to have.

I still search CL almost every day but now I am only looking for the real bargain priced machines. I got a Featherweight for $75.00 on CL (plus the carry case, etc) . It wasn't even advertised as a FW but I recognized it in the picture.