Old 10-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Anastasia

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Well, I'm out of the sewing studio for a few days. It is in the basement and I have an injured dog.....again. Last winter the Rottie had his 2nd knee surgery so we slept on the floor for 6 months. Now the Dane jumped off the bed this morning and hurt herself. Turns out she has a herniated disc that is pressing on her sciatic nerve, so she is in a lot of pain. Just hoping the Rymadyl kicks in quickly. She can't climb stairs now and can barely walk; she is a mama's girl, so we will be sleeping in the spare bedroom on the ground floor for a week. Still have to get some more things, or make some more things for my SS, but probably not this week. Sure hope everyone's injuries heal quickly. I had a rotator cuff injury in the spring and know how painful that is, luckily it wasn't bad and didn't need surgery. Hope the broken shoulder heals so you don't need the pin in it.
Earlier this summer my rottie herniated his disc as well and was paralyzed in the rear for 2 weeks. I found the most AMAZING sling ever, saved me from herniating MY back. He still has some residual neuro damage in the rear but at least he moves on his own and can hold his bathroom habits. I had to get him a cortisone shot from the vet, helps it go down real fast, then I had him on rimadyl for 2 weeks. After he started dragging me out the door I decided no more rimadyl for him. Luckily I had a whole bottle I had just bought for his mom for her cancer pain. (put her down in April) so they didn't get to hit me with that bill as well. Hope he gets better soon, if you need to know the sling I got, let me know. I got it on ebay, reasonable price, fits a pretty big dog, and got it over night. like ordered it at 9pm and got it by 10am the next day. AMAZING. The vet had never seen a sling like it.