Old 10-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Leota

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
Earlier this summer my rottie herniated his disc as well and was paralyzed in the rear for 2 weeks. I found the most AMAZING sling ever, saved me from herniating MY back. He still has some residual neuro damage in the rear but at least he moves on his own and can hold his bathroom habits. I had to get him a cortisone shot from the vet, helps it go down real fast, then I had him on rimadyl for 2 weeks. After he started dragging me out the door I decided no more rimadyl for him. Luckily I had a whole bottle I had just bought for his mom for her cancer pain. (put her down in April) so they didn't get to hit me with that bill as well. Hope he gets better soon, if you need to know the sling I got, let me know. I got it on ebay, reasonable price, fits a pretty big dog, and got it over night. like ordered it at 9pm and got it by 10am the next day. AMAZING. The vet had never seen a sling like it.
I wish we'd taken our little BennyBoy to a different Vet... the one we took him to said he had arthritis in the spine and that it would only get worse ... there was no treatment....
About 6 years after the diagnosis, we had to put him down because he couldn't stand to eat or relieve himself... We were never given anything for his pain or condition... I still miss my little BennyBoy...
No he wasn't a big dog.. mix of longhaired dachshund, German Shepard, and Sheltie... but we got him from a neighbor when our girls were 7 & 8... they were 23 & 24 when we had to put him down so he had a very long life as it were...