Old 10-10-2012, 03:55 AM
romanojg

Great job. I am constantly learning about different stabilizers. My suggestion is to go to Floriani's web site and read thier tutorial on the different ones and what you use them for. You can also go to emblibrary.com and they have some under Kenny's Corner. This is the best way to learn. I don't always go by what the maker of the design says. I'm doing alot of Halloween things on felt right now. The design co says use tear away and Viking says that if it isn't dense and mostly straight stitching you don't need any stabilizer. I had picked up water soluable from Joanns that is on the bolt which I like because I have some really big hoops and this covers it really well and is cheaper. I used my coupon and saved more. The water soluable worked great and it held the felt nicely. I had a friend who didn't use any and it did well except for when doing small designs. I read all the tutorials from all the sites and just did a class for Floriani and really learned alot there. What stabilizer would depend on the fabric but if you are using it for a doily I'd go with a double layer of water solubable so that it would hold up while stitching and the disolve away when done. Good luck and keep up the good work. Be Careful; it's addicting. My sister just told me she thought I was addicted; I told her that I knew I was but with all the things that I could be addicted to; its a good addiction