Old 10-10-2012, 05:49 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ghquilter53 View Post
Did you draw the objects on the fabric first? Awesome work.

Absolutely!! First I drew everything out on paper. Once I was happy with the sketch, I scanned it and emailed it to April for her input. She let me know of any changes that needed to be done. Then I shrunk my sketches on a photocopy machine and put them on overhead transparencies. I used an overhead projector with the transparencies to mark the quilt. I used a blue water soluble marker for the white parts (the chess pieces) and I used a white chalk pencil to mark the red blocks which were the reaper, the bony hand and the Ankhs, along with the lettering April requested. I only marked the basic outline, all detail work was done without marking, like the feathers in the Angel wings, the detail on the reaper and the background chessboard with the skeleton hand.

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and comments. This was definitely a different type of quilt for me and a good experience. I have now completed it and will post pics of the whole quilt tonight. If not for the lettering, the back could be a wholecloth. It looks amazing with the red and white quilting on a black background.