View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Deborahlees

I can not believe the outstanding response to this thread. I am the quilter that started this.....For whatever reason the concept of a "Passage Quilt" struck a very strong cord with me.

Perhaps due to almost 30 years in the medical field, perhaps because I have buried my grandparents, my parents, my only brother and my husband....perhaps because I am 'older' and am closer to the other end of the line of life.....or simply because this is something I can do and have the time to do it.

My intent is to give to the living who are on their final journey in life. To give thenm some joy and peace, and some color and warmth.....If that is all my quilts do....then I have been successful.

If this quilt covers them to the mortuary, providing others some comfort....wonderful
If this quilt covers their coffin to comfort those left behind....wonderful...
If this quilt goes with them to the Lord.....wonderful
If this quilt is handed to their surviving family and when they hold it they can smell and feel
their loved ones.....wonderful.....

These quilts have no limits they are filled with love and like a butterfly will bring happiness and love where ever it lands.....what more can I ask.....