View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:08 AM
aunt eunice

Great posts! As usual lots of useful information. Sad to say that I've purchased my (with lots of help from DH-he's such a softie) fair share of useless or disappointing items: Martelli Kwik Klips-waste of money-results in broken fingernails with every use. Martelli cutting mat--its a cutting mat..just lays there so I suppose it does work; Strip cut ruler that was a combo (See, my DH said..it comes with all this other stuff,) with the mat and rotary cutter...not a fan of the ruler because it's not see through but it does not slip a bit. Love the rotary cutter. I prefer the little red Wonder Clips; I use them for tasks other than binding. Purchased the Brooklyn Revolver...used it a few times; mine spins very well, therefore, not useful when I don't want it to spin, so I'll check out other brand suggestions for turntable mats in this thread. Purchased the Flynn Frame...never used it...can't give it away. Purchased a Bernina Quilt Frame form my 8 Series machine...frame works very well and can be used with other large harp machines...It was too much of a hassle for DH to move the machine on and off of the frame each time I wanted to use the machine for embroidery. Now, the frame is an expensive storage table....would love to sell it. I've had the urge to purchase an Accuquilt many many times but the cost of the dies has held me back. I found that the crank was not that easy for me to use. DH says buy the Studio cutter because it's easier to use. I say surely there is a push button variety out there somewhere. Accuquilt Studio is still on my wish list.