View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:27 PM
kjdavis4

Your post was very funny. For a few years I attended a rather large retreat with my best friend. Most of the time we had great "neighbors" but a few times we weren't so lucky. This was before cell phone usage was prevalent, so we dodged that bullet. Because of the layouts of the room, we were assigned tables. Each of us had a table, my neighbor had MY table and hers as well. The entire weekend I spent "reclaiming" my space. LOL. Another year, I sat across from a woman who never stopped talking. She would interrupt conversations and even asked me if I was married as she was looking for a wife for her son. I assured her I was. She then went on to explain that her son was a shepherd. This retreat was held in a very large metropolitan area. I really didn't know what to think about looking like I would be good shepherd wife material. On arriving home, I immediately got a new hair style and changed my make-up!! It takes all kinds. That retreat eventually quit being held and I now attend two retreats a year which are very small and the same good friends attend. It's such a great time to sew, laugh, catch up on life, drink wine, eat good food and chocolate. It's in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to see everyone. I'm so lucky to be able to do this.