View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Tiffany

I'm looking for a really good bread and/or biscuit recipe. One that doesn't include having to ship away for some exotic flour that costs $20 a pound.

For those who don't know, Celiac Disease is a life threatening allergy to the protein (gluten) in certain flours, such as wheat, rye, barley, spelt, and anything related. Usually, unless oats have been processed in a plant that does not process wheat, that's out too. I used to be very well known for my baked goods and then I learned I had Celiac Disease and finding substitutes for wheat has been an adventure; not a good one. I'm hoping someone in this Forum will either have Celiac Disease or know someone who does and if you've discovered a good bread or biscuit recipe, please share. I really, really miss bread. There are a few wonderful companies that put out a gluten free bread mix, but those are rediculously expensive and I can't afford to buy them on a regular basis. Right now it has been reduced to a holiday treat. A good bread recipe could change all that for me. :D Thanks ahead of time for any help offered!
~Tiffany