View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:57 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by damaquilts View Post
I did the download from webshots , got an email with a little orange bar that says download your photos and videos and it doesn't do anything. I tried to click on it. Back to the help section over there I guess but it is progress? lol
Okay, I did mine.
Weird.
I got the email and clicked the link. My webshots email is an old aol.com address.
When I went into AOL webmail, the link (orange bar) would not work.
However, when I went in via the AOL portal, the link opened a web page that allowed me to download it.
Mine was one zip file, but I had under 300 pictures.

So that's weird. I open links from within AOL (web) all the time so I don't know what's going on.
And it seems your issue is similar.
Like I said, weird.

And what a cluster&(&W the download is - it's like SMILE doesn't even care about wooing existing users over.

My zip file, when unzipped, opens to contain 14 files (= 14 albums I had online, so that's a good sign).
And each folder has the pictures that were online ..but now with some long arbitrary alpha/numeric name.
Certainly not how I ever named them.

And all my notes that were associated with each picture aren't attached in anyway.
So I guess I'm going to have to go in manually and CAP them into word or something temporarily if I want to save them.

And my pictures on the SMILE site-
Just one file with all the pictures in no recognizable order.

You know, they're quilt pictures of my quilts mostly, so they're easily identifiable and I could probably reorder them relatively easily.
But I really feel for people who had thousands of photos...where do they even begin?

Were you successful in downloading your pics?

Last edited by MTS; 10-10-2012 at 04:59 PM.